The Immunodementia Biology group at G2D2, Client is seeking an experienced and highly motivated research scientist who will work to assist scientists in the group with the development of in vitro and in vivo based assays focused on cell signaling, cell function and biochemistry.
The successful candidate will be proficient in utilizing his/her experience in molecular and cellular biology techniques to support project objectives. Specifically, this person will be responsible for:
– Isolation and maintenance of murine cells from the brain and other organs.
– Mammalian tissue culture.
– Using high-content imaging and flow cytometry plate-based assays to determine effect of lead compounds on cellular function.
– Examination of protein expression, modification, and secretion using flow cytometry, ELISA and western blotting.
– An organized approach to stringent data analysis and the maintenance of an Electronic Laboratory Notebook.
Skills and Qualifications required for the role:
MS in biological sciences or BS in biological sciences with 2-3 years relevant experience in academia or industry.
Experience in mammalian cell culture and familiarity with processing cell samples for downstream assays is required.
Flow cytometry experience is required.
Experience with ELISA, western blotting and imaging are preferred.
Understanding of basic neurobiology of neurodegenerative diseases and mechanisms of neurodegeneration is preferred.
Experience with in vivo disease models is a plus.
The ideal candidate should be well organized, possess excellent technical and communication skills, as well as the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
Flexibility and willingness to learn and master new techniques are highly valued.
We seek a creative and diligent person who brings care and attention to detail to the job.
Source: Job Diva – Job Listing