We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated research scientist who will work to assist scientists in the group with the development of in vitro and in vivo based assays focused on cell signaling, cell function and biochemistry.
The successful candidate will be proficient in utilizing his/her experience in molecular and cellular biology techniques to support project objectives.
– Dosing, perfusion and collection of mouse tissue and fluids.
– Isolation and maintenance of murine cells from the brain and other organs.
– Mammalian tissue culture.
– Using imaging and flow cytometry plate-based assays to determine effect of lead compounds on cellular function.
– Examination of protein expression, modification, and secretion using flow cytometry, ELISA and western blotting.
– An organized approach to stringent data analysis and the maintenance of an Electronic Laboratory Notebook.
The candidate should be experienced in primary cell culture and be familiar with processing cell samples for downstream assays.
They should have strong flow cytometry experience and experience with techniques such as ELISA and western blotting.
An understanding of CNS cell-based assay development is a benefit.
Significant understanding of basic neurobiology of neurodegenerative diseases and mechanisms of neurodegeneration is preferred.
Experience with in vivo disease models is a plus.
The ideal candidate should be well organized, possess excellent technical and communication skills, as well as the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
Flexibility and willingness to learn and master new techniques are highly valued.
We seek a creative and diligent person who brings care and attention to detail to the job.
BS/MS in biological sciences with 3-4 years relevant experience in academia or industry.
Source: Job Diva – Job Listing