Seeking a highly motivated individual to join the preclinical development team at the (Sr) Scientist level. The position will contribute to quest to be a leader in the field of oncology by applying and developing state-of-art preclinical models to provide the team pharmacological insights of our biologics.
The position responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Hands-on execution of in vivo pharmacology studies that utilize various preclinical tumor models (mouse and rat) for cancer immunotherapy.
• Ability to conduct multiple assays to validate the in vivo efficacy of our lead drug candidates.
• Ability to design in vivo preclinical models to reveal unique characteristics of our compounds.
• Proficiency in handling rodents (rats and mice)and ability to prepare formulations, administer compounds via various routes (IV, PO, IP, ID), and collect blood as well as various tissue samples for analysis, and in vivo fluorescence imaging such as IVIS is required.
• Ability to perform various techniques including, subcutaneous injection, orthotropic injection and adaptive transfer and rodent surgery for cancer and immunology models.
• Experience in conducting ex vivo studies including immune readouts (i.e. FACS-based immuno phenotyping, T cell activation assays) that can be incorporated into an early clinical development setting.
• Contribute to characterizing the immunological mechanisms associated with treatment and the identification of potential biomarkers.
• Experience with designing and conducting tumor microenvironment studies.
• Be familiar with IACUC regulation.
• Proficiency in data collection/documentation all study results in the form of lab notebook reports and, as needed, contribute to the authorship of regulatory submission documents is a plus.
• Former drug development experience in Oncology, Immunology and/or other Therapeutic Areas is plus.
• Collaborate internally with other functional departments as well as with outside contractors and build relationships across Client divisions.
• PhD in Oncology, Immunology, Tumor Immunology field is preferred
• Minimum requirement of Bachelor’s with 1-3 plus years- or Master’s degree with 1 plus years- of continuous industry or academic experience in relevant fields
• Experience in the field of therapeutic antibodies is plus.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to present and assemble complex data sets is required
• Ability to interact in a matrix environment is required
• Ability to work in Exton, PA
• Ability to work within the vivarium area is required
• Ability to weekend may be required
• Must be well published in relevant field
Source: Job Diva – Job Listing