We are seeking a motivated and creative Researcher to join the Discovery Sciences group, reporting to a Scientist, to develop Client cell based assays for screening to advance projects to find therapies for neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer’s disease. The successful candidate will have significant experience in designing and performing experiments in cell based neuro-immunological and signaling assays. The position requires an enthusiastic person with the ability to work in a collaborative matrixed environment to positively impact the progress of projects. The candidate will progressively become independent and learn to develop or adapt new assays and technologies. Candidate is expected to plan, execute, analyze, and record experiments in a timely manner.
Master’s degree and 5 years of cell and molecular biology experience
Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of cell and molecular biology experience
• A B.S. with a minimum of 8 years of experience, or an M.S. with a minimum of 5 years of academic/industrial experience with strong scientific knowledge and research experience in cellular and molecular biology is required.
• Demonstrated independence in experimental design, execution, data analysis, and troubleshooting is necessary.
• Hands on experience with a wide range of in-vitro cellular and biochemical assays, including maintenance of variety of mammalian cell lines, generation of stable cell lines expressing target proteins, electroporation, transfections, western blotting, immunoprecipitation, Flow cytometry, microscopy (immunofluorescence), ELISAs (MSD), luciferase (firefly/renilla) reporter assays, siRNA/shRNA knockdown, CRISPR-mediated genome editing, RT-qPCR, lentivirus generation, and transduction is required.
• Prior experience in development of cell based assays for small molecule compound and/or antibody screening is required, including the high-to-low throughput methods, proof of concept assays, reporter assays are required.
• Eager to adapt and learn new methods and technologies is required
• Proficiency in using software packages such as Graph Pad, Microsoft office etc. for data analysis and figure generation is required.
• Attention to details, excellent organizational, and record keeping skills is a requirement.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with people, internally and externally is required.
• Background in microglial biology is preferred.
Source: Job Diva – Job Listing