Responsible for conducting research, development and manufacturing laboratory experimentation and other scientific activities to support Ventana projects. Exercises technical expertise and discretion in the design, execution and interpretation of experiments that contribute to project strategies. Prepares technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analyses. Presents and discusses results of experiments within department and project team. Maintains high level of professional expertise through familiarity with scientific literature and may participate in conferences and professional societies. Follows company policies and procedures for GMP, GLP, Design Control and others as appropriate. Maintains complete and accurate laboratory documentation and electronic files. May act as principal investigator in conducting own experiments.
– Designs a wide range of experimental protocols.
– Executes bench experiments; makes detailed and general observations and analyzes data.
– Prepares technical reports, summaries and quantitative analyses.
– Maintains complete and accurate records.
– Normally receives general directions on routine and new assignments.
– Identifies and implements improvements to work processes and laboratory environment.
– Recognized expert for area of expertise.
– Recognizes and documents activities for publication and/or patent potential.
– Works on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
– Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
– Participates in cross functional technical teams such as a failure investigation or core team.
– Works well in a team environment by being a productive project team member, suggesting creative solutions to problems and providing input to project planning.
– Establishes interfaces across other organizational groups.
– Trains others in areas of expertise.
– Troubleshoots problems and institutes corrective action.
– Prepares and presents experimental procedures and results in group and project teams.
– Monitors work to ensure quality, and continuously promote Quality First Time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
– Knows wide range of experimental techniques and skilled in their applications.
– Capable with searching scientific literature to gain general and specific information.
– Skilled with use of word processing, spreadsheets, graphical and presentation software applications.
Manager's Must Haves:
-Communicates often and effectively
-Ability to translate scientific work to a variety of non-scientific audiences
-Works collaboratively on a team and independently
-Excellent ability to simultaneously execute and advance multiple development projects
-Proficient in data analyses and troubleshooting
-Holds themselves accountable and produces on-time deliverables
Source: Job Diva – Job Listing