Client is seeking an in vivo Pharmacologist to join our Oncology Pharmacology team in Cambridge MA.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team of scientists in the Oncology Pharmacology group, playing a key role in the development of in vivo models of cancer and their use for evaluating new drug candidates. Qualified applicants will be proficient in animal handling techniques and possess practical knowledge of biological assays.
In addition, applicants will exhibit strong communication and organizational skills, critical problem-solving abilities, and a commitment to excellence. Prior experience with oncology xenograft models for use in efficacy and PK/PD and studies is a plus. Prior experience standard in vivtro assays is a plus but not necesary (rtPCR, qPCR, ELISA, Western blots)
Additional responsibilities include:
• Develop, validate, and implement relevant in vivo oncology-related xenograft models including subcutaneous and orthotopic xenograft models, syngeneic tumor models and PBMC and/or T cell adoptive transfer models for profiling the pharmacological effects of drug candidates.
• Responsible for data capture and reporting
Contribute to ex vivo pharmacodynamic studies tailored to the molecular target of interest, including cellular and molecular readouts..
Candidate should have 1 – 5 years of experience with animal handling. Proficient in all techniques listed below.
• Hands on in vivo skills necessary to execute rodent oncology models including i.v., i.p. and p.o. dosing, tumor implantation and tissue collection techniques.
• Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and perform in new areas, implement new techniques and instrumentation.
• Meticulous laboratory approach, careful adherence to protocol and excellent lab notebook documentation
• Strong analytical and computer skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
Source: Job Diva – Job Listing