Responsible for independently leading day-to-day purchasing activities within the Procurement function. Evaluates areas of opportunity to leverage material acquisitions; to include generating, sourcing and negotiating purchase orders (including cancellations, changes, etc), selecting or recommending suppliers, ensuring supplier compliance, managing requisition/purchase order system, monitoring supplier performance (such as negotiated contracts). This also may include assisting Accounts Payable with invoice related issues.
Administer or assist with site specific RFx processes. Monitor, maintain, and assist with corporate programs (i.e. P-Card, SBA, etc.)
Represent Client with internal and external customers in a professional and effective manner. Provide excellent and expedient customer service in all aspects of the purchasing process.
Strong knowledge of Procurement policies and procedures and consistently reinforces them to vendors, business units and other procurement personnel. Support and provide end user training for Procurement related systems, policies and procedures.
Occasionally required to work and support cross-site Procurement initiatives with directions or instructions from other site Procurement leads. This can consist of assisting in any RFx processes or specific category management
Responsibilities Percent of
1. Generate, process & provide follow through of purchase orders 40%
2. Oversee supplier performance 15%
3. Monitor negotiated contracts 15%
4. Maintain requisition/purchase order system (ex., SAP,SRM)
5. Assist with reporting & cross category sourcing activities 10%
6. Monitor and support misc. corporate programs 10%
• Bachelors Degree required.
• Minimum three to five (3-5) years purchasing experience..
• Good organization and planning skills with ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision.
• Ability to make decisions or present solutions for decision making and/or problem resolution.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Highly skilled user of Microsoft Office suite.
• Procurement system experience preferred (SAP, SRM preferred).
• Knowledge of Pharmaceutical Purchasing and Sales Tax usage regulations preferred.
• Working knowledge of cGMP Pharmaceutical manufacturing regulations preferred.
• Solid negotiating and inter-personal skills in order to effectively interact with all levels of personnel and outside vendors.
Source: Job Diva – Job Listing