Portfolio Analysts support targeted, effective and efficient business planning processes by sourcing, synthesising, summarising and providing key portfolio analytics that enable informed decisions to support ever-improving business results, specifically profitability, optimal use of resources, and ROI. Portfolio Analysts compile objective information and insights using data and analytical techniques that support local cross-functional teams, including Finance and R&D Life Cycle Teams engaged in business planning/management.
This role will be primarily responsible for developing accurate portfolio and resourcing dashboards and/or reports for Assay and Reagent Development (ARD) to inform the overall portfolio management and resourcing strategy, help identify gaps, and optimize the workforce.
• Develops a thorough understanding of customer needs from a business and technical perspective. Works closely with ARD leadership to define project scope, business requirements and see them through implementation. Supports continuous improvement and best practices for portfolio analytics, insights and reporting
• Identifies appropriate data sources to support portfolio analytics deliverables, which may include working with cross-functional stakeholders to obtain inputs.
• Brings disparate quantitative and qualitative data together to form objective insights to support the business in its decision-making and strategic planning
• Develops Strategic Portfolio Management tools to be used by business for portfolio analysis, skills management, and resource planning activities.
• Presents data and insights both verbally and in writing. Where applicable, involves external stakeholders supporting portfolio analytics and insights reporting
• Works with manager and other internal partners/stakeholders to establish and implement standardized rules, methodologies and processes to manage portfolio analytics from creation through retirement
• Plays a key role in identifying any data gaps and ways to leverage existing data for maximum business use, value and impact
• Support creation of improved portfolio review processes that include portfolio balancing, capacity and skill management
• Supports Life Cycle Teams, Finance and other stakeholders with analytics and reporting that can be easily maintained
• Provides insights on the project portfolio and proposals to improve the overall strategic plan
• Updates departmental systems with current and accurate information
• Plays a lead role in developing, recommending, implementing, and providing standardized and ad hoc portfolio tools in accordance with requirements, objectives and partner/stakeholder needs. Includes dashboard analytics and reporting
• Solicits internal & external business partner/stakeholder input to ensure reporting will exceed stakeholder needs and objectives
• Identifies, recommends and uses appropriate data sources for reporting
• Works closely with cross-functional stakeholders to develop and implement appropriate metrics
• Participates in the implementation of new or otherwise updated reporting, which may include contributing to the development and updating of training materials to assist stakeholders in the use and interpretation of such reports
• Work with the RTD Finance and other internal functions, including PMO, to provide feedback in order to improve the quality and standards of reported data throughout automated data sources
• Develop portfolio analysis and ARD progress and performance reports; including tableau reports and business presentations (budget dashboards, capacity analysis, and project and portfolio reports)
• Builds and maintains effective professional working relationships with internal/external partners and stakeholders
• Other duties as assigned by management.
Source: Job Diva – Job Listing