The system administrator takes responsibility for the day to day administration of one or more Oracle Applications. An Oracle Applications System Administrator administers the user interface and applications side of the database management system.
This is a hands-on senior technical position; the candidate must have extensive knowledge of ORACLE EBS R12
• Monitor the Oracle EBS software application, troubleshoot, and resolve any reported problems
• Adhere to change control and SDLC best practice
• Configuring the application, including setting up codes, fields, and screens
• Configuring and monitoring access through menus, security profiles, and responsibilities including admin and service accounts
• Defining audit requirements and solutions
• Installing printers, peripherals
• Balances the system’s processing workload between online data entry and background processing, such as report generation.
• Document and analyze incidents, problems, and resolutions
• Establishes the upgrade process and maintenance schedule
• Maintains system documentation
• Interacts with users and evaluates performance and effectiveness
• May program in an administrative language e.g.; interfaces and configurations
• Provides advice and training to end-users and IT peers
• Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
• The candidate shall have knowledge of and develop processes and systems in adherence with compliance regulations including SOX and GxP
• Develop best practices and automate processes
• Maintain and report on SLA’s: System Availability, Capacity management, and Performance KPI’s
• Collaborate with hardware, OS, DBA technical teams to ensure proper integration of the environment
• Leads and participates in efforts to develop and implement processes for application and system monitoring
• Leads and participates in efforts to implement application updates to include upgrades, patches, and new releases
• Develops test plans to verify logic of new or modified programs
• Develop work plans and track/report status of assigned projects/tasks
• Liaise with vendor support on relevant issues
• Daily monitoring and maintenance activities
• Plan and develop disaster prevention and recovery processes
• Direct hands-on experience with Oracle EBS R12
• Experience with BI Publisher install and configuration
• Working knowledge of web service development and architecture (SOAP/REST).
• Familiarity with Oracle Workflow/BPEL/Messaging Framework.
• Experience with Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF) and Oracle Applications Framework (OAF) is a plus.
• Understanding of Source Control best practices.
• Oracle certification is a plus
• Familiarity with systems integration security, user provisioning, and single sign-on technologies.
• Self-disciplined with strong initiative and the ability to learn quickly and apply new skills efficiently.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
• Excellent written, email and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as a member of various teams.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards in relations to customer service.
• Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology/Information Systems or relevant experience/certifications
• 3-5 years system administration experience with Oracle E-Business Suite and/or Oracle Cloud Solutions latest possible releases. (R12 for EBS, R11.1.10+ for Cloud)
• 1 plus years’ experience with Oracle reports including BI Publisher for reporting
Source: Job Diva – Job Listing