The Client requires a contracts attorney that has a solid background in contact drafting, management and negotiation.
This position requires extensive knowledge and application in the preparation, negotiation, submittal, implementation and management of Non-Disclosure Agreements, Technical Assistance Agreements, Technology Cooperation Agreements management, procedures, and best practices.
This position also has oversight and reporting responsibilities in regards to handling contract administration in commercial matters that require a wide range of skills from RFP review, third-party negotiation that include contract administration and handling of Non-Disclosure Agreements with strong communication skills.
- Responsible for providing direct support in drafting, reviewing, negotiating, and management of technical and business agreements and contracts.
- Supports Quality and Operations personnel including Procurement, Information Technology, Facilities, and other business units in regards to contracts.
- Supports and reviews requests for technology engagements as they relate to consumer electronics goods and software through coordination of approval requests with multiple departments and points of contact.
- Review and interpret contract rights and obligations and manage and resolve contractual disputes.
- Prepares reports, presentations and metrics associated with contracts and transactions.
- Participates in cross-departmental and functional projects to support research and development, engineering, and operational objectives/obligations and initiatives.
- Ensure compliance as regards to the company contracts approval policies.
- Drive contract administration process improvement and efficiency through technology, policies and training.
- Perform other duties, as required.
- J.D. from an accredited law school
- California State Bar license in good standing required
- 3 – 5+ years’ substantive experience in drafting, managing, and negotiating contracts
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and integrate contract terms and conditions into research requirements and business development objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in multi-functional teams working to solve complex contract problems to drive issues to conclusion.
- Experience in Research and Development business and strong understanding of the Fundamental Research Exclusions.
- Independently handle legal matters and projects, as assigned.
- Attention to detail and follow through on assignments to achieve desired results.
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills.
- Use of contract management software required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Source: Job Diva – Job Listing