The Instrumentation Technician I will be responsible for performing calibrations, maintenance, repairs, installations, troubleshooting and documentation of instruments used on process control systems, analytical labs and utility building systems for manufacturing and testing.
• Complete various quality system and CMMS documentation
• Work to be completed in a safe manner according to planning and predefined schedules with minimal impact to production while complying with GMP, SOP, CFR and regulations
• Revise, and review calibration, maintenance or other related procedures
• Interpret electrical schematics, I/O wiring and panel drawings, Utility, process system/equipment, and P&ID's
• Interact with peers and clients in manufacturing, maintenance, analytical labs and contracted services
• Perform general labor duties and may work in a variety of locations and jobs.
• Maintenance of cold storage units, incubators and water systems.
• Participate in On-Call rotations for after-hours facility and manufacturing support and work outside of established shift hours upon short notice
• Maintain Remote Monitoring equipment.
Associate degree and 1-2 years of instrumentation/calibration experience
2 years in a technical school setting with hands-on instrumentation/calibration experience
High school diploma / GED and 2 years of instrumentation/calibration experience
• Associate’s degree in metrology, instrumentation, electronics, or related technical discipline
• 2+ years in an FDA (GMP) or similar regulated environment
• Knowledge of pneumatic, mechanical, and electronic instrumentation fundamentals, including process control loops, loop checks, loop tuning and troubleshooting computer-based control systems (PLC, Client, DCS, and various HMI’s)
• Experience with installation, troubleshooting, calibration, repair and testing of HVAC, laboratory and utilities/process instrumentation
• Intermediate knowledge of pneumatic, mechanical, and hydraulic fundamentals as well as intermediate skills in the use of hand tools and electrical maintenance.
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• A high mathematical understanding, excellent reading skills along with intermediate computer and typing skills
• Experience with MAXIMO, Blue Mountain or other CMMS
Source: Job Diva – Job Listing