– Routine histotechniques such as grossing, processing tissue, embedding, microtomy and/or cryotomy, H&E staining, coverslipping, IHC and ISH
– Maintaining lab records and equipment.
– Validation of new lots of antibody and detection kits
– Dilute antibodies
– Validation of new control material
– Maintains quality by controlling tissues, fixative, slides and stains; prepares stains, buffers and reagents.
Biggest emphasis: Skilled in microtomy (quality and speed).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
– Experienced in routine histotechniques.
– Experienced performing IHC, control material selection and validation.
– Experienced in making antibody dilutions, validation of new lots of antibodies and detection kits.
– Develop new antibody protocols in accordance with CLIA and CAP requirements.
– Ability to access stained control material for relevance to biomarker.r
– Understanding of CAP compliance.
– Read, analyze, and interpret Operating Procedures, instructions, technical procedures.
– Maintain QC/QA data records.
– Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
– Computer Skills: Proficient at Microsoft Office, and use of email.
Source: Job Diva – Job Listing