The Facilities Coordinator reports to the EHS Sr. Engineer (Lab Services / Occupational Health). The Facilities Coordinator primarily manages the glass wash facilities at Building 1 and supports glass wash facilities at Buildings 3 and 5. Additionally, the facilities coordinator supports laboratory and waste program and may conduct periodic facilities safety inspections and emergency equipment inspections, and also may assist in the collection, storage, labeling, and shipment of biological wastes, universal wastes, and electronic wastes.
• Manage the laboratory support operations including glass wash, autoclave, drying, and depyrogenation. Stock glassware in appropriate areas.
• Stocks PPE at laboratory PPE stations
• Coordinates inspections and conducts inspections of safety equipment such as emergency eyewash, emergency showers, AEDs, and fire extinguishers.
• Coordinates off site shipments of electronic and universal wastes
• Collects, packs, and ships biomedical waste for offsite destruction
Requisite Skills, Education, and Other Qualifications:
In addition to the basic work skills required for the position, it is expected that the Facilities Coordinator will hold a high school diploma and will have 1-3 years of prior facilities management experience
Source: Job Diva – Job Listing