Primary responsibilities are delivering, maintaining and supporting Enterprise Infrastructure and Application monitoring capabilities.
This role requires closely collaborating with other IT groups to develop comprehensive monitoring solutions for all mission critical and test systems serving the enterprise while also ensuring that monitoring capabilities align with operational plans and needs across production and non-production environments.
• Use network monitoring systems, such as Logic Monitor and Extrahop, to monitor client and System outages and performance issues within monitored networks.
• Implement custom dashboards and reporting for both technical teams as well as self-service status dashboards that are business friendly and intuitive
• Analyze infrastructure and build automation
• Perform actions required to resolve tickets and provide detailed documentation as to
actions taken to resolve issues.
• Interface with vendors to resolve technological issues.
• Make recommendations on how to grow, optimize and mature the Enterprise Monitoring program
• In close partnership with other IT groups, design and deploy monitoring solutions covering databases, networks, infrastructure services and mission critical banking systems
• Develop and update documentation and standards related to the Enterprise management
• Determine business impact by building business appropriate SLA levels
• Install, test and maintain a wide range of IT communication infrastructure and cabling within Data Centres
• Laying, terminating and testing of copper Cat6 data & Voice cabling
• Experienced with maintaining Data Centre Operation and Management procedures
• Experience or ability of developing and documenting operational processes
• Experience with centre power distribution and cooling systems
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Strong experience with multiple hardware and operating systems such as Unix, Linux, Windows, and VMware
• A minimum of 4 years’ experience in a technical support role is required.
• Hands-on technical experience with LAN/WAN operations and protocols required.
• Candidates with a working knowledge of Linux are desired.
• Analytical thinker with strong attention to detail, able to work with moderate supervision
• Must be able to relay technical information to clients with varying skill levels in a
manner in which they can understand.
• A proven track record in a team environment
• Ability to prioritize and deliver on multiple project deadlines and milestones
• Detail focused when completing records, tickets and supporting documentation
• Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
• Strong team player
This position require ability to lift 60 lbs. (a large server) by themselves as well as heavier items with additional help.
Source: Job Diva – Job Listing