The Enterprise Data Architect will lead architecture and data modeling for the data delivery teams. Develops and maintains the enterprise data model, analyzes and aligns the enterprise model with other business models; defines and maintains the data integration architecture; models the future state of the data architecture and provides data architecture best practices and guidelines. Evaluates new technologies and defines how to maximize the benefits of those technologies such as rapid data acquisition, unstructured data, predictive modeling, and data visualization. Participates in the evaluation, selection, and implementation of data related software product standards, and the design of standard configurations. Creates and evangelizes a holistic data architecture vision, analyzes the current data management environment to identify critical deficiencies, and designs and proposes solutions for improvement.
Participates in planning, definition, and high-level design of solutions, explores solution alternatives, and develops required documentation. Gathers reporting requirements from physicians, administrators and other key stakeholders, turning those requirements into data models, analyzing source system data, and developing source-to-target specifications for the ETL teams. Designs and implements batch data integration, develops data mappings and data load routines and other artifacts necessary to implement ETL integrations. Sells the data architecture process, its outcomes, and ongoing value to the business and stakeholders. Understands, masters and references the master data integration needs, metadata requirements and integration needs; defines, develops and maintains the metadata and integration architecture standards; implements, creates, maintains, distributes, delivers and manages metadata and master data management solutions, environment and repositories; replicates reference and master data; maintains dimensional hierarchies; supports metadata reporting and analysis.
Skills and Knowledge
· 10 years of experience with data warehousing or similar IT application.
· Prior experience in IT architecture designing and implementing roles in large-scale, distributed and complex IT environments.
· Familiarity with all phases of data warehousing, from requirements gathering to report development.
· Experience gathering business requirements and turning those requirements into design specs
· Strong data modeling skills and knowledge of data warehouse modeling principles
· Deep experience with SQL and relational databases. Oracle SQL and PL/SQL is a strong plus.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
The ideal candidate will also have
· Experience with one or more business intelligence tools – MicroStrategy is a plus.
· IT experience in the healthcare industry
Bachelor's degree in computer science, information management, or related field
Source: Job Diva – Job Listing