**LOCATION IS CAMBRIDGE, MA**
The Sr. Financial Analyst will support the Sr. Manager, Finance with managing, analyzing and reporting all financial related activities for Client’s Discovery function in Alewife, Cambridge, Massachusetts and H3 Biomedicine located in Technology Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. This individual will be relied upon for ensuring month-end entries are completed accurately and on time. A thorough understanding of accounting principles and financial reporting requirements, hands-on experience with financial operations support, financial planning, and month-end close responsibilities is required.
The Sr. Financial Analyst will manage the accounting and finance activities to ensure accuracy and compliance with our internal policies and procedures. In addition, the Sr. Financial Analyst will act as a business partner to support both locations.
Assist with managing all accounting & finance activities including but not limited to:
-Prepare and record month-end journal entries, contract accruals, and account reconciliations, while ensuring accuracy and compliance with GAAP guidelines
-Ensure monthly accounting activities are completed per close calendar
-Review key vendor contract terms and understand the effect of the terms on accrual estimates and financial reporting
-Maintain contract databases, and ensure accuracy and completeness
-Track spend and payment on major clinical trials
-Budget/forecast preparation and interaction with budget owners
-Maintaining cost center templates for budget/forecast purposes
-Provide support and analysis as requested by departments from Parent Company including Accounting, Corporate Planning, and R&D business heads
Manage the month-end close process including accounting entries, account reconciliations, intercompany billing, and variance commentary; be responsible for internal and external audit support.
Provide on-going business support to Andover and H3B business partners, including review and approval of purchase requisitions, maintaining contract databases, tracking of spend and payment on major clinical trials, responding to inquiries on accounting treatments, invoice payments, and other ad hoc requests.
Ensure consistent application of process across all spending areas from a reporting, budgeting, and forecasting standpoint
Assist with the preparation of quarterly forecast information and commentary
Assist with the preparation of the annual business plan and the development of budget presentations for review by senior management
Drive continuous improvement and automation of key processes
• Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance required, Master’s degree in Accounting or CPA preferred
• 3-5 yrs Accounting/Finance experience
• Accounting/finance knowledge and financial modeling skill/experience
• Advanced Excel skills required
• Deeply committed to accuracy and attention to detail
• Understanding of internal control requirements and GAAP accounting, as well as understanding of relevant business environment
• Creative approach to problem-solving; exceptional interpersonal and written skills
• Demonstrated experience as an effective team member, including active participation and initiative
• Experience in bio-pharmaceutical industry required, pharmaceutical R&D finance/accounting experience preferred
• Experience with SAP & TM1 preferred
• Customer Focus to serve in Team Environment
Source: Job Diva – Job Listing