The Senior Manager for Global Publications is responsible for planning and implementing publication activities and deliverables to meet the needs of external customers and internal business partners for assigned products. The Senior Manager will actively contribute to the development of the publication strategy, oversee the implementation of execution and appropriate prioritization of publishing activities through appropriate congress selection and journal selection. The management responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, management of publication activities throughout the product lifecycle such as development, submission and successful publication of manuscripts, congress abstracts, posters, slide sets, with the goal of on-time completion of high-quality, peer-reviewed publications. He/she will oversee the selection and contract responsibilities with any third-party vendors in the publications process, including medical writing and publications agencies, and will be responsible for overseeing the internal review process of all publications. The Senior Manager will negotiate budgets with external vendors and ensure that the publication plan is fulfilled in a timely and cost-effective manner. Additionally, he/or she will ensure that implementation of the publication plans are in compliance with relevant guidelines. An ability to interact effectively with internal and external stakeholders is required. The Senior Manager will provide guidance on appropriate journal/congress selection.
1. Oversee planning and implementation of publications for assigned products, including all aspects of publication planning, development and maintaining plans in collaboration with Medical Director; development of congress abstracts, posters, slide sets and manuscripts. Oversee internal review process for all publication activities. Serve as liaison with external key opinion leaders and authors on publication development.
2. Conduct global publication subteam meetings; document and distribute minutes; liaison across global teams and with the PCU on all related publication activities
3. Collaborate with Medical Directors on the planning and execution of Scientific Advisory Board meetings. Ensure all documentation associated with advisory boards is entered into the aggregate spend reporting system (as needed).
4. Remain current on new regulations and issues regarding publication strategy/management. Contribute to development of department procedures to ensure compliance to regulations.
• Advanced degree preferred or BS with science major
• 10 years related-experience with minimum of 2-4 years of experience in publication planning or equivalent in pharmaceutical industry; CMPP certification desired
• Working knowledge of regulatory procedures and government practices pertaining to publication activities obtained through industry experience.
• Demonstrated writing ability and the ability to understand, analyze, and summarize medical literature.
Source: Job Diva – Job Listing