The Trade Compliance Specialist is responsible for maintaining full compliance and execution of policies related to import and export transactions, controlled substances, and other programs. The Trade Compliance Specialist provides technical and day-to-day guidance to researchers. Working with the Trade Compliance Manager, the Trade Compliance Specialist is responsible for maintaining the full compliance and execution of import and export transactions
Ensure full compliance for import transactions, including issuance of clearance instructions, monitoring, record keeping, and (internal and external) auditing.
Ensure full compliance for export transactions including valuation, classification, country of origin, harmonized tariff schedule, the completion of export documentation, filing of Electronic Export Information and export record retention.
Monitor research compounds for controlled substances and other regulatory compliance aspects
Assist with the creation and standardization of compliance programs, including writing SOPs and conducting training
Interface with customs brokers, suppliers and service providers to ensure consistency with defined import/export processes
Work closely with Legal and Compliance, Quality, HSE & Security and *** Trade Compliance to ensure compliance with all business, legal and regulatory requirements
– Minimum 2-4 years of experience in importing and exporting, preferably in the scientific research industry
– Demonstrated experience in the clearance of import shipments to the U.S., customs brokerage, interactions with brokers and Customs and Border Protection
– Demonstrated experience with export shipments, including checking for export license requirements and export reporting to US authorities
– Practical experience applying US Customs regulations, US Export Administration Regulations and license requirements, Harmonized Tariff Schedule, General Rules of Interpretation, INCOTERMS, and brokerage
– Capable of working independently, accurately and conscientiously
Education: Bachelors Degree
Source: Job Diva – Job Listing