The Biospecimen Coordinator will be responsible for management of the physical human biospecimens such that utilization of samples is monitored and in alignment with business/project priorities.
• Maintains Tissue Bank inventory, including filing incoming shipments of tissue blocks, pulling them for requests, and returning them to their proper location after their use.
• Organizes Tissue Bank sample cabinets and ensures accurate and consistent labeling of tissuesslides.
• Maintains TSM data in either spreadsheet or database format, evaluates and enters clinical data provided by sample suppliers to properly categorize the tissue samples, and incorporates sample clinical data from pathologists’ reports such as pathological diagnosis of Hematoxylin & Eosin (H&E’s), assay results from further characterization of samples, etc., to aid in future searches.
• Processes internal Histology requests; finds appropriate samples within the inventory, works with the scientists to clarify needs, and prioritizes requests. Serves as liaison between histotechnicians and pathologists; labels slides and ensures all necessary paperwork is completed.
• Retrieves and ships incoming and outgoing requests and orders internally and to affiliate locations.
• Communicates directly with sample vendorssuppliers to acquire samples and resolve discrepancies.
• Assists in ordering reagents for Research & Development (R&D) histology group.
Knowledge of and skill in inventory management.
Knowledge of and skill in utilizing word processing, spreadsheet, database and email software.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Skill in data evaluation.
Ability to work cross-functionally and effectively build relationships to drive group and corporate objectives.
Knowledge of histology and tissue staining laboratory techniques preferred.
Source: Job Diva – Job Listing